Board of Directors
The San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD or District) is governed by a 3-9 member Board of Directors who serve four-year terms. The Board adopts an annual budget to serve its mission. Meetings are held at the District’s office at 46 Eaton Drive, Suite 5, Pagosa Springs CO 81147.
- ALLAN PFISTER, PRESIDENT, firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-985-5764, term expires 11/29/23
- SUSAN NOSSAMAN, VICE-CHAIR, email@example.com, 970-946-0398, term expires 03/21/26
- DOUG SECRIST, firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-471-2685, term expires 03/21/24
- JOE TEDDER, TREASURER, email@example.com, term expires 03/21/24
- CANDACE JONES, firstname.lastname@example.org, 216-533-2209, term expires 03/21/26
- BILL NOBLES, email@example.com, 719-205-7553, term expires 03/21/26
- ROB HAGBERG, firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-585-9098, term expires 03/21/25
- ROD PROFFITT, email@example.com, 970-903-9314, term expires 03/21/24
- CHUCK RIEHM, firstname.lastname@example.org, 214-674-1266, term expires 03/21/25
The Board has no vacancies.
The San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD or District) was formed in 1987 under the Water Conservancy Act (Colorado Revised Statutes Title 37, Article 45) by a vote of the electors in 1987. SJWCD is charged with providing water conservation, water resources planning, stream improvement, water rights protection, and development services within its service area, which includes most of the urban and suburban areas of Archuleta County, centered on the town of Pagosa Springs.
The SJWCD has the statutory authority to appropriate water rights, to have and exercise the power of eminent domain to sponsor water resources projects, to construct water development projects, to develop and operate augmentation plans, and to appropriate recreational in-channel diversion rights, among other powers.
SJWCD currently has no vacancies on its Board of Directors. When there is a vacancy, if one is interested in serving as a volunteer on the Board, please submit a letter of interest to:
Jeffery R. Wilson, Chief Judge
Archuleta County Combined Courts
P.O. Box 148, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
Your letter should include your permanent address, to confirm that you are a resident of the District, and can mention your relevant experience and interests. Meetings are held at the District’s office at 46 Eaton Drive, Suite 5, Pagosa Springs CO 81147. Although not required, the Board would appreciate a copy of your letter of interest sent to this District address: 46 Eaton Drive, Suite 5, Pagosa Springs CO 81147.