NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Special Meeting of the Board of Directors of the San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD) is scheduled for Monday, July 24, 2023, 4:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time).
The meeting will be at the SJWCD office at 46 Eaton Drive Suite 5, Pagosa Springs, CO. The SJWCD Board will be discussing and sharing documents related to the agenda below.
This meeting is in-person, but may be attended by Zoom.
To remotely access the SJWCD Regular Meeting via Zoom on Monday, July 24, 2023 at 4:00 PM MSD, use this link:
Topic: SJWCD Special Meeting
Time: Jul 24, 2023 04:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 856 5702 5655
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,85657025655#,,,,*327671# US (Tacoma)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcKWisRsDg
For questions about how to participate by Zoom, please contact SJWCD President and Chairman, Al Pfister at 970-985-5764 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed Agenda for the Special Meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order
2. Revisions to Agenda
3. Disclosures of Conflict of Interest
4. Public Comment (3-minute limit)
5. Consideration of Attorney’s Report
6. Consideration of Treasurer’s Report
7. Updates from Chairman
8. Consideration of Travel Vouchers and Reimbursement Rates
9. Consideration of Hiring a Grant Writer
10. Consideration of Hiring Engineering Contractor/Consultant
11. Consideration of Contract to Lease of 20-Acre Parcel
12. Consideration of Letter Supporting the Park Ditch Application to Roundtable
13. Updates from Committees Advancing Strategic Objectives and Actions (with emphasis on future grants)
Objective 1: Advance the San Juan River Headwaters Project (SJRHP) as one resource for meeting agricultural, municipal, environmental, and recreational water needs of the San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD) community.
Objective 2: Consider strategies beyond water storage for meeting agricultural, municipal, environmental, and recreational water needs of the SJWCD community.
Objective 3: Educate the SJWCD community about the water resources of the Upper San Juan River Basin and related issues, including the SJRHP, water resource planning, water conservation, and the work of the SJWCD.
14. Consideration of Executive Session Pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b) for the purpose receiving legal advice on specific legal questions regarding: Consideration of Attorney’s Report; Consideration of Treasurer’s Report; Updates from Chairman; Consideration of Travel Vouchers and Reimbursement Rates; Consideration of Hiring of Grant Writer; Consideration of Hiring of Engineering Contractor/Consultant; Consideration of Contract to Lease 20-Acre Parcel; Consideration of Letter Supporting the Park Ditch Application to Roundtable; Updates from Committees Advancing Strategic Objectives and Actions.
SAN JUAN WATER CONSERVANCY DISTRICT
By /s/ Sally High
Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors