NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of the San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD) is scheduled for Monday, August 21, 2023, 4:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time). The meeting will be at the SJWCD office at 46 Eaton Drive Suite 5, Pagosa Springs, CO. The SJWCD Board will be discussing and sharing documents related to the agenda below. This meeting is in-person, but may be attended by Zoom.
To remotely access the SJWCD Regular Meeting via Zoom on Monday, August 21, 2023 at 4:00 PM MSD, use the link below:
Topic: SJWCD Regular Meeting
Time: Aug 21, 2023 04:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 856 7675 1949
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,85676751949#,,,,*735587# US (San Jose)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdDMMYjNrh
For questions about how to participate by Zoom, please contact SJWCD President and Chairman, Al Pfister at 970-985-5764 or email@example.com
Proposed Agenda for the Regular Meeting is as follows:
1.Call to Order
2.Revisions to Agenda
3. Disclosures of Conflict of Interest
4. Public Comment (3 minute limit)
5. Consideration of Attorney’s Report
- • Oppositions to transmountain diversions
6. Consideration of Treasurer’s Report
7. Updates from Chairman –
- • Southwest Basin Roundtable Meeting
- • Commissioner Mitchell Letter re-post 2026 Guideline Negotiations
8. Consideration of Approval of Records of Proceedings of June 2023 Regular Meeting and July Special 2023 Meeting
9. Consideration of Lease of 20-Acre Parcel by Archuleta County
10. Consideration of Contract to Hire Grant Writer
11. Updates from Committees Advancing Strategic Objectives and Actions
Objective 1: Advance the San Juan River Headwaters Project (SJRHP) as one resource for meeting agricultural, municipal, environmental, and recreational water needs of the San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD) community.
Objective 2: Consider strategies beyond water storage for meeting agricultural, municipal, environmental, and recreational water needs of the SJWCD community.
Objective 3: Educate the SJWCD community about the water resources of the Upper San Juan River Basin and related issues, including the SJRHP, water resource planning, water conservation, and the work of the SJWCD.
12. Consideration of Executive Session Pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b) for the purpose receiving legal advice on specific legal questions regarding: Consideration of Attorney’s Report; Consideration of Treasurer’s Report; Updates from Chairman; Consideration of Approval of Records of Proceedings of June Regular Meeting and July Special Meeting; Consideration of Lease of 20-Acre Parcel by Archuleta County; Consideration of Contract to Hire Grant Writer; Updates from Committees Advancing Strategic Objectives and Actions.
SAN JUAN WATER CONSERVANCY DISTRICT
By /s/ Sally High
Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors