NOTICE OF PUBLIC BUDGET HEARING AND SPECIAL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Public Budget Hearing and Special Meeting of the Board of Directors of the San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD) is scheduled for Thursday, November 16, 2023, 4:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time).
The hearing and meeting will be at the SJWCD office at 46 Eaton Drive Suite 5, Pagosa Springs, CO. The SJWCD Board will be discussing and sharing documents related to the agenda below.
This meeting is in-person, but may be attended by Zoom.
To remotely access the SJWCD Special Meeting via Zoom on Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 4:00 PM MSD, use this link:
Topic: SJWCD Special Meeting
Time: Nov 16, 2023 04:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 864 8733 6882
One tap mobile
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keHMIlMnXH
For questions about how to participate by Zoom, please contact SJWCD President and Chairman, Al Pfister at 970-985-5764 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed Agenda for the Public Budget Hearing and Special Meeting is as follows:
1. Public 2024 Budget Hearing Call to Order
2. Public Comment (3-minute limit)
3. Consideration of the 2024 Budget
4. Adjourn Hearing
5. Special Meeting Call to Order
6. Revisions to Agenda
7. Disclosures of Conflict of Interest
8. Public Comment (3-minute limit)
9. Consideration of Attorney’s Report
10. Consideration of Treasurer’s Report
11. Updates from Chairman
– board member recruiting
– C9 Summit Summary
12. Consideration of San Juan Headwaters Forest Health Partnership Presentation including Jackson Mountain Snowtography Project and 2024 Funding
13. Consideration of Final Report by Ehat Engineering
14. Consideration of Next Steps for Objective One
15. Consideration of Funding for Upper San Juan Watershed Enhancement Partnership
16. Consideration of Date for December Regular Meeting
17. Updates from Committees Advancing Strategic Objectives and Actions (with emphasis on future grants)
Objective 1: Advance the San Juan River Headwaters Project (SJRHP) as one resource for meeting agricultural, municipal, environmental, and recreational water needs of the San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD) community.
Objective 2: Consider strategies beyond water storage for meeting agricultural, municipal, environmental, and recreational water needs of the SJWCD community.
Objective 3: Educate the SJWCD community about the water resources of the Upper San Juan River Basin and related issues, including the SJRHP, water resource planning, water conservation, and the work of the SJWCD.
– Josh Kurz final 2023 presentation Dec 14 12:30
Southwest Basin Roundtable funding approval for film(s)
18. Consideration of Executive Session Pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b) for the purpose receiving legal advice on specific legal questions regarding: Consideration of 2024 Budget; Consideration of Attorney’s Report; Consideration of Treasurer’s Report; Updates from Chairman; Consideration of San Juan Headwaters Forest Health Partnership; Consideration of Ehat Engineering’s Final Report; Consideration of Objective One’s Next Steps; Consideration of Upper San Juan Watershed Enhancement Partnership; Updates from Committees Advancing Strategic Objectives and Actions.
SAN JUAN WATER CONSERVANCY DISTRICT
By /s/ Sally High
Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors