NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of the San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD) is scheduled for Monday, October 16, 2023, 4:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time).
The meeting will be at the SJWCD office at 46 Eaton Drive Suite 5, Pagosa Springs, CO. The SJWCD Board will be discussing and sharing documents related to the agenda below.
This meeting is in-person, but may be attended by Zoom.
To remotely access the SJWCD Regular Meeting via Zoom on Monday, October 16, 2023 at 4:00 PM MSD, use this link:
Topic: SJWCD Regular Meeting
Time: Oct 16, 2023 04:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 878 9175 1750
One tap mobile
For questions about how to participate by Zoom, please contact SJWCD President and Chairman, Al Pfister at 970-985-5764 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed Agenda for the Regular Meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order
2. Revisions to Agenda
3. Disclosures of Conflict of Interest
4. Public Comment (3 minute limit)
5. Consideration of Attorney’s Report
6. Consideration of Treasurer’s Report
7. Consideration of Draft 2024 Budget
8. Consideration of November Date for Public Budget Hearing / Special Meeting
9. Consideration of Presentation to Roundtable for Film Funding Application
10. Updates from Chairman
11. Consideration of Approval of Records of Proceedings of August 2023 Regular Meeting and October 2023 Special with PAWSD Meeting
12. Discussion of SJWCD.org
13. Updates from Committees Advancing Strategic Objectives and Actions
Objective 1: Advance the San Juan River Headwaters Project (SJRHP) as one resource for meeting agricultural, municipal, environmental, and recreational water needs of the San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD) community.
Objective 2: Consider strategies beyond water storage for meeting agricultural, municipal, environmental, and recreational water needs of the SJWCD community.
Objective 3: Educate the SJWCD community about the water resources of the Upper San Juan River Basin and related issues, including the SJRHP, water resource planning, water conservation, and the work of the SJWCD.
14. Consideration of Executive Session Pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b) for the purpose receiving legal advice on specific legal questions regarding: Consideration of Attorney’s Report; Consideration of Treasurer’s Report; Consideration of Draft 2024 Budget; Consideration of Date for Public Budget Hearing; Consideration of Presentation to Roundtable re: Film Funding Application; Updates from Chairman; Consideration of Approval of Records of Proceedings of August Regular Meeting and October Special Meeting with PAWSD; Discussion of SJWCD.org; Updates from Committees Advancing Strategic Objectives and Actions.
SAN JUAN WATER CONSERVANCY DISTRICT
By /s/ Sally High
Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors