The San Juan Water Conservancy District (SJWCD) invites proposals from qualified parties to provide consulting services for:
(1) community engagement expertise to develop a strategy for community education and communication on water issues that impact our region and also promotes the ability of the SJWCD to achieve all stated goals identified in our 2021 Strategic Plan;
(2) coordination of community feedback panels to develop effective messaging on water issues;
(3) development of education and communication materials including graphic artwork brochures, presentations, articles for publication, and online distribution.
In May 2021 members of the SJWCD Board participated with leaders of other community organizations in Pagosa Springs and Archuleta County in a workshop offered by the Sonoran Institute to assist communities in incorporating water considerations in their growth plans. Please see the Sonoran Institute website for more information on these Growing Water Smart workshops (https://resilientwest.org/2020/co-gws-rfa/).
The Pagosa Springs/Archuleta County Growing Water Smart workshop team developed multiple objectives aimed at addressing water issues in the Upper San Juan River Basin. A key objective involves communication and education of the community on water issues that impact the region. As this objective meshes well with the SJWCD Strategic Plan objectives, the SJWCD has agreed to consolidate, coordinate, and manage these education and communication efforts.
The proposal submission must include a digital copy that may be emailed to email@example.com and a hard copy (a pdf copy on a flash drive is acceptable). All proposals must be received by 5:00 pm Mountain Daylight Time on February 9, 2022. The SJWCD reserves the right to reject any or all proposals in part or whole.
(1) Request for Proposals announced – January 3, 2022
(2) Last date to submit questions – January 24, 2022 at 5 pm MDT
(3) Response to questions (anticipated) – January 31, 2022
Answers given to questions submitted will be posted to the SJWCD website at https://www.sjwcd.org.
(4) Final Proposal due date – February 9, 2022 5:00 pm MDT (5) Interviews for finalists – Week of February 14, 2022
(6) Contract award (anticipated) – February 22, 2022
Please download the RFP here.